March is such an amazing month! Yeah, there’s March Madness, but it is also a month dedicated to healthy living.
Here are some great things happening in March:
- National Nutrition Month
- National School Breakfast week is March 5-9
- The Healthy Challenge is March 12-18 at our school
- National Agricultural Day and the first day of spring is March 20th
HEALTHY CHALLENGE at BES:
- On March 12th, we start the HEALTHY CHALLENGE for all staff and students! For at least 5 of the 7 day challenge we will encourage them to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies and to drink ZERO sugary drinks or be active for 30-60 minutes a day. Everyone will log their progress on a special tracking sheet. At the end of the 7 days these sheets will be turned in to Mrs. Luehrmann for a special prize.
- Produce man will visit on March 13th from 10:45-11:45, so during the 1st and 4th grade classes lunch time, they will get a chance to learn more about the importance of fruits and veggies and can ask questions.
- If our school has the highest participation rate out of all the schools in our size range, we could win $500 to purchase fun things for our school.
- Everyone at home can take the Healthy Challenge too. Just commit to eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies and drink ZERO sugary drinks or 30-60 minutes of physical activity for at least 5 of the 7 day challenge!
Visit these links to find out more about:
National Nutritional Month:
National School Breakfast Week:
National Agricultural Day:
2018 Parent Information Flyer
Health rists of sugary drinks
Indoor Physical Activity Move, Play, Have Fun
My Plate at Home
Phrases that Help
Indoor Physical Activity Ideas for Kids