All members need 15 hours per semester of service. You must participate in at least one NHS service project or activity during the year as well. Any service that a student does for school or the community without receiving compensation (pay) can be counted as service hours.
All members are required to pay $32 dues to NHS in order to cover costs that the organization will incur throughout the school year.
If you have questions, contact Caroline Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for National Honor Society
Minimum grade point average of 3.8 (beginning with grade 10)
- willingness to render service to the school and community when called upon.
- must complete 15 hours of community service to graduate with "honors".
- willingness to do committee or staff work
- readiness to show courtesy by assisting visitors, teacher and other students.
- demonstrates leadership in the classroom or organization of work.
- demonstrates leadership in promotion of school activities.
- successfully holds school offices or positions of responsibility.
- exemplifies positive qualities and attitude.
- meets pledges and responsibilities to the school promptly.
- demonstrates highest standards of honesty and reliability.
- cooperates with school regulations.
- demonstrates concern for others.
- Members who fall below the standards in which were a basis for selection shall receive a written notice that they have one semester to correct the problem. A flagrant violation of school rules or civil laws automatically results in dismissal without written warning. Once a student is dismissed or resigns, they are never eligible for membership.