STUDENTS NEW TO ARCHERY AT CMS REGARDLESS OF AGE/GRADE OR EXPERIENCE OUTSIDE CMS:
- Practice format: Each student will sign up for one day a week to practice. It is important that this day is consistent from week to week for our attendance purposes as we are limiting the number of archers per session to 30. Practices begin immediately after school until 4:00 in the cafeteria. Students are expected to come prepared to shoot and exercise.
- Club vs. Competitive Team: Students new to archery at CMS will go through the basics of the National Archery in the Schools Program from September 8th through October 3rd and be considered members of CMS Archery Club. This includes shooting basics, range safety and bow and arrow nomenclature.
- If a student wants to continue archery and compete he/she will continue to practice at least once weekly and participate in weekend competitions (which usually begin mid to late November and are on Saturdays).
- If a student does not want to compete then he/she will meet after school two Fridays during the month.
- The student contract, requirements and eligibility.
- Basic information about the National Archery in the Schools Program.
- Practice format: Each student will sign up for a MINIMUM of one day to practice.
- Tournament format for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Athletic Eligibility
- Sponsorships and fundraising.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail us with any questions you may have. Looking forward to working with you!
Julia Hansel, Sherry Ryle, and Carrie Schwartz
Conner Middle School Archery Coaches