~Students’ Use of Digital Devices~
in and out of the classroom
EXPLORER ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS
Mrs. Ashley’s Website is (http://www.schoolrack.com/jashley/)
- vocabtest.com: This program is a vocabulary study geared at preparing students for the rigorous vocabulary presented in advanced reading and college readiness testing situations such as the Explore, Plan, ACT, and SAT.
- Below “grade levels” choose “6th grade”.
- Students will take a Unit Test, on various Mondays (TBA). Their first test will cover “Unit 1” words, and is scheduled on September 8th .
- In order to be prepared for the test, you should complete as many of the practice tests as possible. Try to practice with one online test per night rather than cramming the night before.
- One of the following test results needs to be emailed to me by 8:00 AM on Monday morning (prior to the test): Learning Definitions, Vocabulary Sentences, or Synonym Practice. Only send me results of 100%. So keep trying until you have perfect results.
- If you cannot possibly use a computer or device at home, public library, or at a friend or relatives house, let me know right away so I can get you access at school during homeroom or after lunch.
- www.collaborizeclassroom.com: This is a classroom blogging experience in which students post responses to teacher-presented questions, student-presented questions, respond to other responses, etc…
- Go to this URL site (http://mrsashley.collaborizeclassroom.com) to request membership.
- Click on “register now”
- You do not need to include an actual email address; however your password must be your lunch code. (type it in twice so the pw is llong enough.
- https://www.edmodo.com: This site is great for parents as well as students. Study guides, permission slips, instructions, assignments, etc…will be posted on this site frequently. When the teacher posts a document on edmodo, an email alert will be sent out. Members have the benefit of getting assignments during an excused absence.
- Click on “I’m a student”.
- Complete “student sign up”.
- Your class’s group code is: core 1-xkazfi; core 2-66ha2x; core 3-myadzj; core 4-bc7zwm
4.Remind: This program is a safe way for teachers to text message class-related information to students and stay in touch with parents.
- Core 1: to receive text messages from your teacher, text @d47a1 to 502-912-9705.
- Core 2: to receive text messages from your teacher, text @ca662 to 502-912-9705.
- Core 3: to receive text messages from your teacher, text @9f16b to 502-912-9705.
- Core 4: to receive text messages from your teacher, text @18bec to 502-912-9705.