I have been the Visual Arts teacher at Burlington Elementary since the Fall of 2008. All students attend the Art room and have the opportunity to create art. All Visual Art lessons focus on the basic Elements and Principles of Art, and align with Kentucky state content standards and current child development theory. I support classroom experiences that encourage students in all grades to:
- create art and reflect upon what they have made.
- seek and construct meaning through art.
- create narratives and reflect about artworks.
- understand the historical and cultural contexts of works of art.
- discover the significance and value of art in their lives.