This will be my tenth year at Collins Elementary, but it is my 26th year teaching. My teaching experience includes being a regular education teacher for 17 years and a special education teacher for the other 8 years. I have my Rank 1 and have completed my TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) coursework.
So that you can have a full appreciation of what we will accomplish in the classroom this year, I would like you to know my some of my expectations for both parents and students;
* I expect students to come to school prepared to learn; i.e., supplies, breakfast eaten, homework completed neatly, and rested.
* I expect students to treat others with respect and not disrupt other’s learning.
* I expect great attendance.
* I invite and expect parents to communicate with me whenever they have questions, concerns, or any information they feel will help me as their child’s teacher. The best method of communication for me via. your child’s organizational binder. My email is- (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* I expect students to let their imaginations go wild and open their minds to learning new ideas and concepts. I will encourage your child to succeed in their attempts to learn.
* I expect students to always do their best.
Yes, my expectations are high, but I know much learning comes from these expectations being met.
I'm looking forward to a great school year!