College & Career Readiness Coach
Email to request an appointment.
Early College /Fire Science Students
Each college will each post tuition in the students' online accounts. If your student is taking classes with all three colleges, there will be three bills to pay. Questions regarding your student's financial account should go directly to the college.
General Early College Information
Fire Science Program
The Fire/EMT program will have a morning session from 8:00 to 10:35 at the Burlington Training Center. The classes for the FIRE/EMT program must be taken in sequence. These classes do not have an ACT or GPA requirement, but it is recommended that the student have at least an 18 composite on the ACT and an 80% average in all their previous coursework.
- Anyone interested in the Junior Firefighter Program with Burlington Fire Department needs to contact Mrs. Hubbard for an application.
The “Homebuilders” program is a collaborative effort with the Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky. Boone County sends students to the BIA building, located off of Mineola Pike to acquire exploratory courses in Apartment and Building Maintenance.
The program is laid out to be a two year program. The first year is heavily rooted in carpentry. Students complete basic safety training (OSHA 10) and learn how to use a wide variety of tools. They also are introduced to the basics of HVAC, plumbing, and electric. The goal is to give them an overview of an array of careers in the skilled trades. The student after successful completion of the first year will be able to return to complete year two of the sequence.
The purpose of year two is to be able to work in a work based learning experience with a local tradesperson or business. We have previously partnered with the following companies or trades: CVG, Commonwealth Hotels, plumbing, construction, HVAC companies. Students have the opportunity to complete this experience and further their understanding of the skills and knowledge required to enter the field.
If the work-based learning experience has the ability to offer an apprenticeship we would work with the student to begin this journey. It is imperative that we allow students an opportunity to explore the trades to spark their interest. There are several high paying careers, and we are providing this opportunity through our Homebuilders program.
Huntington Tutoring/ACT Prep
- KHEAA Webinars:
- May 23 @ 7 p.m.: Decisions, Decisions: Beyond the Final Step—Click HERE to registe
- Thomas More University is once again hosting the TSI STEM Camp for the Summer of 2022. It will run from Monday July 11 through Wednesday, July 13. We invite high school students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math to apply for this 3-day 9 am to 5 pm experience with some extra time into the evening on Wednesday to share what they learned. Campers will be immersed in STEM sessions led by TMU faculty. Campers will get hands-on experiences exploring various disciplines such as math, chemistry, biology, observing sunspots, and programming 2-wheeled robots. The camp will be held at the Thomas More Campus and the Field Station. Interested high school students may find further details and register by completing the application form contained in this link: https://www.thomasmore.edu/stem-summer-camp/ A brief itinerary is as follows:
- Monday, July 11 TMU Campus
9:00 am to 5:00 pm* Morning and Afternoon Sessions, Lunch Provided
- Tuesday, July 12 TMU Campus
9:00 am to 5:00 pm* Morning and Afternoon Sessions, Lunch Provided
- Wednesday, July 13: TMU Field Station
9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Morning, Afternoon and Evening Sessions, Lunch and Dinner Provided.
- Health Careers Summer Camp. June 13-17, 2022.
- 2022 North Central Area Health Education Center Health Career Summer Camp. June 13-17th. Application deadline is May 20, 2022 11:30pm. Space is limited. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMEWk09moSdL6WI3Y0Kl1jYMf_5LDScFw4CwJ2yF9eiBn4bg/viewform.
- Nursing Summer Camp facilitated by NKU and St. Elizabeth. June 12-24th.
- Day in Life Videos for Medical Professions:
- Dr. Michael Jones, Gastroenterologist, Tri-State Gastroenterology Associates – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MM5gm7waQo
- Dr. Jessica Gardner, Resident, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VrMmUdEos
- Dillon Powell, Second Year Student, UK Medical School–NKY Campus – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YwRKhpGtAg
- Dominick Valdez, First Year Student, UK Medical School–NKY Campus – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WeGczJIw8
- Jordan Best, Toxicology Lab Tech, Gravity Diagnostics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xn4sc4h3I
- Christa Bronson, Business Analyst, Gravity Diagnostics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLZtHcJQyQ
- Vincent Forgo, Biostatistician, CTI Clinical Trial & Consulting – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkdiorUEHyg
- Robin Scully, HR Business Partner, Gravity Diagnostics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuTG0rtZ4E
- Rhea Thomas, Molecular Lab Manager, Gravity Diagnostics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xwhTaaGMzc
- Not sure what to do after high school? Nucor steel company, they are currently accepting applications for their technical academy. With this academy Nucor sends students to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to get their Associate's degree. Students are paid hourly while they are in class and works at the plant there. Nucor pays for tuition and housing. After students complete the program they get hired by Nucor in a full time position. The link with all of the information is below. https://www.nucor.com/nucor-technical-academy/
The KEES program provides scholarships to students who earn at least a 2.5 GPA each year of attendance at a certified Kentucky high school. The better you do in high school, the more you earn toward college. You may also earn awards for ACT/SAT scores and Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or Cambridge Advanced International (CAI) test scores. Home school and GED graduates may earn awards based on their ACT scores. Click here to find out more information.
Need High School Transcripts?
Need College Transcripts?
The easiest way for students to order their official Gateway, NKU, or TMU transcripts is through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Students can go to http://www.getmytranscript.org and follow the on-screen instructions to have their official college transcripts sent. Be sure students select the option to have their transcripts sent after grades are posted.
You can find more information on transcripts for our colleges on the pages below:
St Elizabeth Careers
Kentucky Work Ready Scholarship Video