All members need 15 hours per semester of service. You must participate in at least one NHS service project or activity during the year as well. Any service that a student does for school or the community without receiving compensation (pay) can be counted as service hours.
All members are required to pay $32 dues to NHS in order to cover costs that the organization will incur throughout the school year.
If you have questions, contact Brandon Forshey.
Criteria for National Honor Society
Minimum grade point average of 3.8 (beginning with grade 10)
- willingness to render service to the school and community when called upon.
- must complete 15 hours of community service to graduate with "honors".
- willingness to do committee or staff work
- readiness to show courtesy by assisting visitors, teacher and other students.
- demonstrates leadership in the classroom or organization of work.
- demonstrates leadership in promotion of school activities.
- successfully holds school offices or positions of responsibility.
- exemplifies positive qualities and attitude.
- meets pledges and responsibilities to the school promptly.
- demonstrates highest standards of honesty and reliability.
- cooperates with school regulations.
- demonstrates concern for others.
- Members who fall below the standards in which were a basis for selection shall receive a written notice that they have one semester to correct the problem. A flagrant violation of school rules or civil laws automatically results in dismissal without written warning. Once a student is dismissed or resigns, they are never eligible for membership.