|MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR STUDENTS
PURPOSE: PBIS is a framework or approach for assisting school personnel in adopting and organizing evidence-based behavioral interventions into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
Conner High School's version, which is titled CHARACTER COUNTS, is a prevention-oriented way for school personnel to:
- organize evidence-based practices
- improve their implementations of those practices and
- maximize academic and social behavior outcomes for students.
Students will succeed when positive school culture is promoted, when informative corrective feedback is provided, when academic success is enhanced, and pro-social skills are acknowledged.
REWARD SYSTEMS: PBIS points and Character Pins
- PBIS Points--Students may earn PBIS points on a daily basis from faculty and staff. Students may check their accumulated points by going to PBIS Rewards or downloading the app.
- Character Pins--Teachers and staff members will have the opportunity to nominate a student who they believe has demonstrated one of the three virtues of Conner High School. These Character pins will be an elite honor and students who have received all three pins will be honored at graduation. Character Counts Standardized Pin Guide.
Contact Mrs. Dunn with any questions.