First Aid Room (FAR) Information Center

Last Updated: 9/17/2020 2:51 PM

Please take time to read all information carefully as it contains information for your child.

Bonnie Orme, RN School Nurse
859-334-4400 Ext. 45422

Lisa Wyman, Health Clerk
859-334-4400 Ext. 45413

Available Informational Handouts:



Please read the important points below for medication administration in school.

  • If your child will take an over the counter (OTC) medication and it is taken as the label directs (i.e. 2 Ibuprofen every 6 hours) we only need the parent to sign the Medication Consent Form. If they take more than the label directs (i.e. 3 Ibuprofen every 4 hours) an MD MUST sign the form as well.
  • FOR PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS, an MD MUST sign the form (as well as the parent), the label on the bottle must match the Medication Consent Form EXACTLY and we can only accept a week's worth of pills. The empty bottle will be sent home with your child for a refill. If it is a medication your child needs to take at lunch time, please write "lunch time" on the form where it says "Times to be Administered". Sometimes lunch times can vary with testing or field trips, so "lunch time" covers that instead of a specific time like 11:00 a.m. for example. If there are any changes in the medication, a new form must be filled out before we can give the new medication.
  • WE CAN NEVER ACCEPT OR ADMINISTER CERTAIN MEDICATIONS (i.e. Vicodin, Percocet, Tylenol with Codeine, Phenergan, etc). The parent may come to the First Aid Room and give the student these medications if it has first been cleared with the School Nurse and Principal.
  • All medications must be in the original container (no loose pills), cannot be expired and must have the completed Medication Consent Form.
  • The Medication Consent Form must be filled out for all medications, even cough drops or Tums.
  • All medication must be supplied by the parent, the school does not stock any medications at all.
  • All medication must be kept in the First Aid Room.
*If your child has asthma, allergies, seizures or diabetes. requiring emergency medications, please contact the school's Health Clerk.