The Conner High School
Counseling Department Believes That:
- All students are important, regardless of age, gender, race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or ability level.
- All students' backgrounds are considered in planning and implementing goals for students.
- All students have the right to access to the school counseling program.
- Effective Guidance includes individual, classroom, and community activities that promote various programs and provide information to all stakeholders.
- All School Counselors should follow the professional school counseling Code of Ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Counselors should participate in effective professional development that will enhance the Counseling Department.
- The needs of the student are considered first when developing an Individual Guidance Plan.