Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Student Schedule Requests

2017-18 School Year (Current Ryle Students in Grades 9-11)

For Current Ryle Students (9th-11th grade) Only - Incoming freshmen have separate information - see the Ryle home page.


  1. Here is the timeline for the course scheduling process and directions for scheduling.
  2. On Monday, February 1st all students will meet with their RAP teacher to receive information and instructions about selecting courses for the 2017-18 school year.  At this meeting students will receive each of the following items:
  3. Review the Career Pathways and CTE program information.
  4. Carefully check the transcript to check for any errors, then fill in the credit checklist (p. 6 of course description book) to make sure you have all of your required courses for graduation.  This will help you know what classes you will need for the next school year and any following years.
  5. Look through the course description book carefully; picking the classes you need to take to graduate.  Be sure to pay attention to the pre-requisites and recommendations required for each course.
  6. Complete or update your 4-year plan for graduation.  If your goals or college/career plan have changed then change your 4-year plan to reflect what classes you want or will need to take for your remaining years of high school.
  7. Fill in the Schedule Request Worksheet to plan out your classes.  Be sure to have AT LEAST 6 CLASSES listed at the top and a MINIMUM OF 4 CLASSES as ALTERNATES. 
  8. Log in to your STUDENT PORTAL through Infinite Campus. Input your 6 classes and at least 4 alternate classes.  Your REQUIRED classes may already be listed in your student portal as your teachers will be selecting these for you.  Follow the directions for Schedule Requests in Infinite Campus.   If there is a class listed you DO NOT want to take….you must fill out a Change Request form (yellow).  If there is a class for which your teacher did not recommend for you, yet you wish to take that class then fill out the Change Request Waiver form.  
  9. The Infinite Campus student portal will open on January 23, 2017 and will close on January 29, 2017.   When you log onto your student portal and begin to schedule you can click on the classes to see a the course description published by the state of Kentucky.  To see Ryle’s course description look for the course description book linked above.
  10. RAP teachers will give you a copy of the classes you requested in Infinite Campus on January 30, 2017.  Students need to get signatures for any courses that require a teacher recommendation (shown with an “R” designation on the elective class sheet ). These forms are due back to your RAP teacher on February 3, 2017.
  11. RAP teachers will give you the scheduled time for your scheduling conference.  Meetings will take place on February 6, 2017.  If the time you are assigned needs to be rescheduled, please see your RAP teacher.
  12. During your Scheduling meeting with your parents and RAP teacher you will review all class requests.  If you and your parents want to change a course selection there are two options:
    1. If you wish to take a class for which your teacher did not give their recommendation, you will need to fill out a Change Request Waiver Form (pink).
    2. If there is a class you do not wish to take that is shown on your course request, you will need to fill out a Change Request Form.
  • Office Aide Applications, Career Internships, Raider Bank, Raider & Co. Bookstore, Peer Tutoring, Yearbook, Help Desk and Vocational School require separate applications and sign-up sheets.  Please come to guidance to pick up an application or sign up. Application deadline is January 18, 2017.
  • Freshmen students that sign up for any Advanced Placement classes must also return the AP contract signed by you and your parent.  Students will not be placed in an AP class without a  signed contract.  Please try and have the AP Contract signed when you come to your meeting or you will be placed in a regular class until the contract is received.  If you do not turn it in during your scheduling meeting, you can turn it into the Ryle guidance office.
  • Forms for Dual Credit classes are available in the guidance office.  Be sure to review the documents: Dual Credit InformationDual Credit or Advanced Placement and Dual Credit Requirements. 
  • Students must get a teacher signature recommending them for an advanced level ELECTIVE class (AP Physics, Spanish 2 Honors, etc.)  Students do not need signatures for classes meeting a graduation requirement (English 2 Honors, AP US History, etc.)  Teachers will be available before school, in between classes, and after school for signatures.  Students are responsible for collecting the necessary teacher signature for their requested classes.  Make sure to get your signatures on the course request form from the IC Student Portal that will be given to you.  DO NOT INTERRUPT CLASSES TO GET A SIGNATURE FROM A TEACHER.
  • Students who do not have access to the internet and cannot log on to student portal from home or a public library will have access to the library computers.  Students must have their log on information and course book with them in order to be given this opportunity.