NOTICE OF VACANT BOONE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
Application deadline – June 14, 2021
The Boone County Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing seat Division # 1. This appointment will be effective until the November 2021 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
• Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
• Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
• Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
• Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
• Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at the Boone County Schools District Board Office, 8330 US 42, Florence, KY, 41042 at the Main Entrance Receptionist desk or online at boone.kyschools.us. Mail applications to: Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 8330 US 42, Florence, KY 41042. Application deadline – June 14, 2021.