We are happy to announce the release of a Refund/Donate tool to all of our clients to help alleviate the stress for those burdened with the difficult task of cancelling their show and refunding their patrons.
This is ONLY for clients who have made the decision to cancel, with no option to postpone/reschedule their event. All orders will be refunded, unless your patron has opted to donate using this new tool.
If you click the button below and submit this cancellation form, please note you are agreeing to the following:
1) Your event is CANCELLED and cannot be postponed; you will be unable to exchange tickets.
2) Any refund fees associated with refunding the order (please see Settings > Advanced Features > Refunds/Voids/Exchanges in your admin portal for details).
3) You will be added to our Refund Relief Fund pool, and will be notified of refund fee credits we will be able to provide to your organization at a later date.
4) We will be emailing your patrons on your behalf to inform them of the cancellation, and giving them the option to log into their account on your online box office and request an automatic refund, or the ability to convert their ticket order to a donation to your organization. (*NOTE: you will not have to process ANY of these refunds - we will do this for you). We will also update your Client Notes (at the top of your online box office) to reflect this.
5) Your patrons will have 7 days from the date of our email to select either REFUND or DONATE, after which point all orders will be fully refunded.
- We are waiving all donation fees on orders converted to donations
- We recommend you urge your patrons to donate vs. refund as much as possible, via social media, etc.
- You are required to issue refunds to your patrons in the method by which they paid (our policy, as well as the policy of all major credit card processors). i.e. credit card transactions must be refunded back to the credit card, cash for cash, etc.
- You still have the option to cancel your event, and issue refunds one by one on your own. You can then fill out our Refund Relief Request Form.
Before submitting your form, please read all instructions and details carefully and let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!
- The BookTix Team