The Boone County School District is looking at resuming High School athletic activities beginning July 1st. Nothing is more important than the safety of our students and staff. We believe that we are taking the steps necessary to ensure a safe return to practices. We have developed specific guidelines for athletics as well as sports-specific guidelines based on state health department and KHSAA guidelines. These guidelines apply to fall sports only. We are proceeding cautiously and will possibly permit other sports to begin summer activities later. Potentially adding more sports or changes to these restrictions may occur after July 12th when the KHSAA releases new guidelines.
- A parental permission form must be signed for students to participate.
- All activities will be outdoors with a maximum of 50 students that are divided into groups of 10 or less (weight rooms, gymnasiums, and other interior facilities will not be available at this time).
- Coaches must wear a mask/face-covering in the presence of students at all times. Students may wear a mask/face-covering but it is not required with proper social distancing.
- Contact is not permitted between students nor is the use of equipment.
- The body temperature check of each student is required before participating.
- Protocols are being developed if a student does not meet the criteria to participate or has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Coaches will track player groups for contact tracing purposes.
The schools will have hand sanitizer on site, but those supplies are currently limited. If students are able to bring their own hand sanitizer to practice (to be applied before and after practice), it would ease the burden on that supply. Sanitizing wipes are in high demand and we would welcome the donation of sanitizing wipes to help maintain a safe practice environment. These guidelines are subject to change as recommendations from the state, the health department and the KHSAA change. Participation Forms and a copy of the KHSAA Guidelines are available on your high school’s website, as well as the district website.
Consent to Participate Form