SKI CLUB DATES THEME
1. Friday, January 10 2:30-9:45
2. Friday, January 24 2:30-9:45 Wear neon colors.
3. Friday, January 31 2:30-9:45 Mustache night.
4. Friday, February 7 2:30-9:45 Wear Hawaiian shirt.
How to join Ski Club:
Step 1: Purchase your ski pass.
All ski passes are sold online at www.perfectnorth.com. When on the website, click on Club Log-In at the bottom of the page. Click on our club name, Ockerman Middle School.
User name is ockerman. Password is center. Select the pass that you want to purchase and click Next. If you have never purchaseed a pass from Perfect North Slopes, you will need to create a new account from this page. Ski passes are sold at the discounted rate seen in the brochure only until November 3rd. After November 3rd the prices increase significantly.
Which ski pass should I purchase?
I recommend the 4 Visit Club Pass. This pass covers your 4 visits with OMS Ski Club and includes one free introductory lesson. Select the pass with rental, unless you own skis or snowboard. All passes include snow tubing. There is no need to purchase extra lessons. The free introductory lesson is sufficient.
For members who will go to Perfect North more than just the 4 visits with OMS Ski Club, you are welcome to purchase the premium ski passes if you prefer. Please do not purchase the Bronze Pass as it is not valid on Fridays.
The school bus fee of $60 has been added to the price of your pass. If you have already purchased a pass for this season, your bus fee of $60 cash or check must be paid separately to Mr. Greg Merten.
All OMS Ski Club members are required to wear a helmet when skiing or snowboarding during Ski Club outings. Ski/snowboard rental includes a helmet. If you are not renting skis/snowboard, a helmet can be rented separately for $5 each visit.
Step 2: Permission Form.
Complete and return the attached permission form and waiver to Mr. Merten. Ski Club membership is limited, so purchase your pass to secure your spot.
All new Ski Club members will meet on Wednesday, January 8th from 2:35-3:30 in room B-13. At this meeting I will explain what items to bring and what to expect on our first trip.
Discount passes are available for family members.
You can purchase passes for other family members at the discounted Ski Club price. Makes great Christmas presents. Click on the club name, Ockerman Family & Friends.
User name is ockermanfam. Password is downhill. Here, you can purchase passes without the added bus fee of $60.
Please email or call Mr. Merten if you have any question.
email@example.com 282-3240 ext.85151
Ski Club Permission Form
Student’s Name: _____________________________________________________
City: ________________________________ State: _________ Zip: ____________
Parent Email: _______________________________________________________
Birthday: __________________________________ Age: ____________________
Grade: ______ Homeroom Teacher: ___________________________________
Emergency phone numbers: Home: _____________________________________
Parent’s cell: _______________________________________________________
Student’s cell: ______________________________________________________
Please note any restrictions or medical information that would be helpful for treatment, such as allergies, diabetes, etc.
2. Will it be necessary for your child to take medication while on the trip?
Yes __________ No __________
If yes, please specify instructions. ___________________________________________________________________
3. ___________________________________ has my permission to go to Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, IN with OMS Ski Club on the following dates:
Friday, January 10 2:30-9:45
Friday, January 24 2:30-9:45
Friday, January 31 2:30-9:45
Friday, February 7 2:30-9:45
Parent’s name: ______________________________________________________
Parent’s signature: _____________________________ Date: ________________
Ski Club Rules:
1. At 6:00 all Ski Club members must check-in with the chaperone at the Ockerman table located in the East Lodge.
2. Be back on the bus by 9:00. Give yourself plenty of time to return your rental equipment and gather your belongings.
There is a huge outdoor clock on the back of the lodge. Please check the time often, so you’re not late.
3. If a student is not coming back on the bus (for example: going home with a parent, or a friends’ family,)
that student must give Mr. Merten a signed note from their parent, in advance.
4. All Ski Club members are required to wear a helmet when skiing or snowboarding.
5. For your safety and enjoyment, always ski/snowboard with a friend. There are always other Ski Club members
of the same skill level as you to hang-out with.
6. Obey all Perfect North Slopes’ rules and trail signs.
7. All trails are rated by skill level. Do not attempt to ski/snowboard a hill that is beyond your skill level.
8. Take breaks. Stay hydrated. Keep warm.