KIDS HEART CHALLENGE PARENT CHECKLIST
Hello parents! It is that time of year again for your student to participate in our annual Jump Rope for Heart event! This year the event has taken on a new name - the Kids Heart Challenge! Everything about the event is basically the same, it is just under a new name! We will be participating in the Kids Heart Challenge on October 4th. I would like to thank you in advance for your dedication and support for our school. By participating in the Kids Heart Challenge the students are learning a valuable lesson about doing great things for others. We are also learning how to keep our own hearts healthy, while helping others who aren’t so fortunate. Thank you for being such a supportive part of this lesson in your child’s life! Thanks to your support our school has a long tradition of successful Kids Heart Challenge (Jump Rope for Heart) events and I am sure that this year will be no exception! Below is a helpful checklist of steps to take to ensure that your child participate successfully!
- Permission Slip: The permission slip is not a requirement since students will be participating during the school day.
- Turn in the envelopes with donations by October 3rd! Envelopes will be going home on September 24th. Collect any donations and seal them in the envelope. As the envelope requests, please convert all cash donations to a check made out to the American Heart Association. You can keep track of who donated on the chart provided on the envelope. Send the sealed envelope to school with your child by Thursday, October 3rd so that they can be counted by the event. Envelopes will still be collected on October 4th but may not be able to be counted right away.
- Sign up to make your own “web page!” The American Heart Association has come up with a great tool to reach friends and family you don’t have a chance to visit and/or talk to on a regular basis! The web page is an easy way to send e-mails that are already set up with all the information needed! To send e-mails for your child please complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to http://american.heart.org/kidsheartchallenge/ and click on search for Burlington Elementary.
- Step 2: Follow the steps to creating your own "web page."
- Step 3: Send those e-mails! Click on the e-mail tab to input the e-mail addresses of friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. and watch your total grow!
- Be a part of our “Memory Wall”: Students can bring in $1.00 and the name of someone who they are jumping in memory or honor of (living or deceased). That name will go up on the wall, and the kids will love seeing who we are jumping for! Please include “In Memory of _____________________” or “In Honor Of ____________________” with your dollar!
As you can see on the envelope there are some great "Thank You Gifts" that the American Heart Association provides based on the amount of donations that your child collects. There are also some great prizes that we are doing here at school such as the chance to be the “Gym Teacher for the Day” for the top fundraiser in each class! You will also see on the packet being sent home that when your student collects $5.00 they receive an “instant” gift. When your student has collected at least $5.00 please sign and detach the coupon located below the permission slip and send it in to school. (The $5.00 does not need to be turned in at this time; it can be turned in with the envelope). When I receive the coupon I will give your child their instant gift!
If you have any questions about anything related to our event or classes please do not hesitate to contact me! The easiest way to reach me is by e-mail at email@example.com. You can also call my office at (859) 334-4440, ext. 40144.
Thank you so much for your time and cooperation! I am looking forward to a very successful event, and I know that the students are very excited as well!